Pen Page /
To Home Page
Product History in Chronological
- 1879 Stylographic pen (forerunner of today's ball-point pens)
- 1879 Propel-repel mechanical pencil (forerunner of today's mechanical
- 1881 Propel-repel mechanical pencil with clutch
- 1912 Propel-repel expel mechanical pencil
- 1930 Slim mechanical pencil with black bands design
- 1930 Fountain pen with black bands design
- 1946 Century line mechanical pencils
- 1953 Century ball-point pen introduced using Ellery Boss' internal
- 1966 Desk sets added to product line
- 1968 Women's 14 karat gold filled and sterling silver ball-point pen and
- 1974 Soft Tip Pen - felt tipped (forerunner of today’s Selectip rolling
- 1981 Classic Black writing instruments
- 1982 Fountain pen introduced (outside U.S.)
- 1982 Women's 10 karat gold filled writing instruments
- 1983 Women's Classic Black writing instruments
- 1983 Mark Cross, Inc. acquired as wholly-owned subsidiary (leather goods)
- 1983 Two new executive desk set models introduced (Solid American Cherry
and Select Walnut and Leather)
- 1984 Fountain pen introduced in U.S.
- 1985 Rolling Ball refill introduced for Selectip pen
- 1986 Gray writing instruments (with chrome appointments)
- 1987 Fendi line acquired for distribution in the U.S.A.
- 1987 Gray writing instruments for Women
- 1988 Pen stands and remodeled single unit desk sets
- 1989 18 karat gold filled ball-point pen and 0.5mm mechanical pencil
introduced (outside U.S.)
- 1989 0.5mm mechanical pencils in all case qualities
- 1990 18 karat gold filled writing instruments introduced in the U.S.,
including fountain pen and Selectip rolling ball pen
- 1990 Signature line of premium writing instruments introduced in the U.S.
- 1991 Burgundy writing instruments; Women's burgundy and lustrous chrome
- 1992 Blue writing instruments; Women's Blue writing instruments with 22
karat gold plated appointments
- 1992 Medalist writing instruments (chrome with 22 karat gold plated
- 1992 Gray with 22 karat gold plated appointments
- 1993 Jewelers with 22 karat gold plated appointments
- 1993 Cross Townsend fountain pens and Selectip rolling ball pens to the
international market in 18 karat gold filled, 10 karat gold filled, Black
Lacquer, Titanium, Medalist
- 1994 Jewelers key ring gift sets
- 1994 Century Colours International
- 1994 Selectip rolling ball pen/key ring gift sets
- 1994 Victorinox knife and ball-point pen gift set
- 1994 Cross Townsend ball-point pen and 0.5mm pencil in 18 karat gold
filled, 10 karat gold filled, Black Lacquer, Titanium and Medalist
- 1994 Cross Townsend Sienna and Marbled Green Lacquer
- 1995 Solo
- 1995 Solo Classic
- 1995 Metropolis
- 1995 Limited Edition
- 1996 Maglite Gift Sets: Solo black ball-point pen with Maglite
- 1996 Comfort Writer
- 1995 Cross Townsend Lapis Lazuli
- 1996 Cross Townsend Sterling Silver and Quicksilver
- 1997 Cross Townsend Cardinal Red Lacquer (international market)
- 1996 50th Anniversary Ball-Point Pen in a Century Tin
- 1996 Hallmark
- 1996 Document Marker
- 1996 Jumbo Ball-Point Pen Refill for Selectip rolling ball pen
- 1996 Century Restage (international market) revised Century Selectip
rolling ball pens and fountain pens
- 1996 Century II (international market) 14 Karat Gold Filled, 10 Karat Gold
Filled, Blue Wood, Green Wood, Rose Wood, Black Lacquer.
- 1996 Cross/Hallmark Designs
- 1997 Marjolein Bastin
- 1997 Pinnacle™ 22 Karat Gold Plated, Sterling Silver and Peacock Blue
accented with 22 karat gold plated appointments.
- 1997 Cross Townsend Jade
- 1997 Cross Townsend Cardinal Red (international market)
- 1997 Century 2000 (limited distribution): Lustrous Chrome, Classic Black
and Blue Lacquer
- 1997 Cross Timepieces introduced to Retail and Special Markets accounts
(limited distribution). Finishes include solid stainless steel, two-tone 18
karat gold filled and solid stainless steel and 18 karat gold filled
bracelets and leather straps.
- 1997 New Hallmark Designs to include golf, baseball, fishing, teaching
(2), cat (2), dog (2), and Maxine “crabby” and “attitude problem”
- 1998 Pinnacle Bordeaux Lacquer
- 1998 New Townsend Colors: Midnight Blue Lacquer, Cardinal Red Lacquer
- 1998 Radiance (domestic market) Vesuvius Red, Oceania Blue, Amazon Green
- 1998 Alhambra Mica Gray in four technologies: ball-point pen, 0.5mm
pencil, Selectip rolling ball pen and fountain pen. Cinnabar Red and Cobalt
Blue in three technologies: ball-point pen, Selectip rolling ball pen and
- 1998 Lumina Ball-Point Pens (domestic market): Champagne, Silver Gray and
- 1998 Century II (international market) wide girth ball-point pens and
0.5mm pencils in 14 karat gold filled, sterling silver, 10 karat gold
filled, Classic Black, Medalist, Lustrous Chrome, Blue Wood, Green Wood,
Rose Wood and Black Lacquer finishes.
- 1998 New Hallmark Designs include School Bus, Cat, Babysitter, Dog,
Wonderful Human Being, Teacher, Friend and Coach themes.
- 1998 Cross Timepieces expands line to include Sonoma™ chronographs and
three-hand date series for him and her. Case and bracelet finishes include
solid stainless steel and two-tone 18 karat gold filled and stainless steel
and leather straps with solid stainless steel case.
- 1999 Century II line (U.S. market) include 23 Karat Gold Plated, Black
Lacquer, Medalist and Chrome. Technologies include ball-point pen, 0.5mm
pencil, Selectip Rolling Ball Pen and fountain pen. Alhambra Mica Gray,
Cinnabar Red and Cobalt products become part of the Century II line.
- 1999 Century Lumina Blue is introduced.
- 1999 Cross Townsend Tuxedo (sterling silver cap with black lacquer barrel)
writing instruments. Technologies include ball-point pen, Selectip rolling
ball pen and fountain pen.
From the beginning, Cross pens
are designed meticulously. Quality unsurpassed by
others. They are painstakingly crafted creating beautiful
instruments of art that serve as precision writing tools. Ordinary pens are manufactured. With a Cross pen
in your hand, thoughts are fluid. Your Cross pen becomes an
extension of your hand and mind. It is the Cross pursuit of perfection that enabled us to create three
extraordinary new lines of pens: the Morph, the Ion, and the ATX. Each has its
own exciting and unique features. Who
knew a pen could be this unique?
CALL (877) 370-2353 if you have questions.
Order on-line Today.
Also you can call Toll Free (877) 370-2353 for friendly staff.
London Luggage Shop
in Detroit, Michigan) is an authorized dealer and has been delighting customers for over
|Also all Cross pricing includes Free domestic shipping
and more. No sales tax if shipped to anywhere outside the state of
Michigan. On-line ordering is of the highest level secure format. We have been
in business for over 55 years and offer 30 day Money Back Guarantee
(non-engraved items). All Cross pieces are backed by
Manufacturer's Warranty. We also can Engrave, just specify desired
engraving under "Special Instructions"
when placing order.
-Click here for details-